Monday, September 21, 2009

Well, it's been a while since I've even been here. Not that anyone would notice, but I was on such a roll and had visions of entries every day. Then I got that darn cold and it laid me low. I'm just about over it now, I only have the annoying cough that always seems to linger too long.

I haven't done a whole lot since I was here last. I entered another writing contest, the weekly challenge on faithwriters.com, I did all the work that I had to do... and the rest of the time I either whined or slept. I haven't had a chance to read anything or do any more studying on social networking. To tell you the truth, I'm actually getting bored with it all... so maybe it's not the right world for me to live in and try and figure out.

I have 234 followers, I keep getting more whether I do anything or not. I've figured out that if I tweet about something I get a bunch of followers that are related to that subject. I've figured out the search aspect of Twitter and how you can search for certain key words and see who has sent out a message with that word in it. Like when I tweeted about how much I love Saturday, I got a whole slew of Seventh Day Adventists following me. When I write something about writing, I get fellow writers following me. I'm getting a lot of tweets about how to get mega followers quickly... so I'm sure this is just one of the simpler methods they are using. I'm also getting tweets about how to make money (of course it's always LOTS of money) on Twitter.
It's kind of interesting to me that the guys that developed Twitter haven't figured out a way to make money off of it but others have? Can we spell S-C-A-M boys and girls? And of course I have to keep blocking those poor girls that want to take their clothes off for me. I do feel bad when I block them, I say a little prayer that they will find something more productive and rewarding to do with their assets.

Well, I hope nobody minds if this blog changes gears a little. I'll keep writing, I just don't know about what for sure. It seems I'm not willing to put in the hours required to learn the whole Social Networking game and be a pro at it. It's not that I can't... I just don't want to. So there!

My heart is in writing, that's all I really want to do. Maybe I should work at seeing how I can make that pay for itself. My biggest problem there is I'm a writer that writes from the heart. "I calls em as I sees em" someone once said. Every time I try and read information on how to make money by writing I end up with a bunch of technical jargon that doesn't make sense to me. I wouldn't know a dangling participle if it knocked me over. All I know is what I want to say and how I say it is how it comes out.

There just doesn't seem to be a hole that is a perfect fit for this peg. I'll keep on keepin on, doing what I'm doing and let the Lord take care of the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment