Friday, October 23, 2009

Still Alive and Kicking!

Hello, it's been a while. A lot of water has passed under the bridge since the last time I was here. If you wish to know exactly what I mean by that statement read this article I wrote and you'll get my meaning. Can Man Ever Be God.

I just went back and read the last several entries. I'm glad I'm writing this blog because I can look back and see what God has done. Anyone that says; (this is a quote from my mother) "If God wants me to believe in Him He needs to make Himself more obvious" needs to open their eyes. It is a miracle to me that God can hide Himself in plain sight from those who wish to be their own god.

I know you're sitting on the edge of your seat wondering how many Twitter followers I have. As of this moment I have 361 followers. I feel like my world has become so enormous! I can wake up in the morning and say "Good Morning World" and mean exactly that. I have followers from all over the world. This is an amazing time we live in. In more ways than one. Our world is changing faster than we (I) can change with it.

I only go to Twitter a couple of times a day. I've figured out, as stated in an earlier post, that the more I tweet the faster the followers accumulate. Problem is I've linked my tweets to my facebook and I'm afraid that if I tweet all day my facebook friends will find me annoying. I can't figure out how to unlink them so I'm keeping my tweets to a couple a day.

I've become a bit scattered and then a recent email reigned me in. A fellow writer, (oh I loved saying that!) told me I need to stay focused on my book. He even said I should consider not even entering the weekly challenges. Ouch! But does he know how much fun they are? He's right though, I know he's right. The weekly challenge has kept me from writing for my book and even kept me from this ever popular blog! How my fans must be fuming! (Note: at this time I have 4 followers, one is my husband and one is me... and he never reads my blog).

My new writer friend has really encouraged me to press on and I feel inspired. His name is Perry Perkins and, as he pointed out, we have a degenerate friend in common. Visit his web page at Perry Perkins Home Page. He's got books that have actually been PUBLISHED. Imagine that! I can only! LOL There's lots of links on his website; to his blog, to writing opportunities, twitter aids. It's a good place to visit, often. I told him I want to just be discovered like Lana Turner who was sitting on a stool at a soda fountain of a Hollywood drugstore, his response was that I had a better chance of winning the Lottery. Alrighty then, excuse me while I run down and buy a lottery ticket.

No comments:

Post a Comment