Saturday, October 24, 2009

Some Friends are Friends forever!

I have a friend that I've known for about 20 years now. For me; someone that moves around alot, changes hats often, and doesn't let any moss grow under my feet, that's a long time.

She moved about 4 hours north a few years ago so I haven't seen her much lately. But we met for breakfast this morning and it, once again, amazed me how some people in your life can disappear for long stretches, and yet when you see them it's like no time has passed at all and you just pick up where you left off. It was good to catch up with her, when you see someone like that it makes you realize how much you miss them.

I'm excited about a couple of things today. The first is a Seminar we're going to at our church (Red Rock Cowboy Church). It's called 'The Way of the Master' by Ray Comfort. I'm expecting to glean lots of good information from it.

The second is that I've been accepted to train as a Customer Service representative for Carnival Cruise Lines. It's been my hope to work for Carnival since I began working from home and now it looks like all things are coming together to make that possible.

Last year I entered a course for Sears Customer Service at this same time of year. We finished the training (and I call it that very loosley) right before Christmas and then were set loose on our own to handle mobs of angry and frustrated customers. It was a nightmare and I promised myself I would never, ever start a training course right before Christmas again. And yet, here I go.

The Sears training was totally inadequate and prepared us for nothing. We were put to work not understand the programs we were using or the job we were doing. I lost count of how many people told me I was personally responsible for ruining their Christmas.

I'm putting my faith in the belief that there's no way I could get terrible training two times in a row. We'll see!

Well, I'm off to 'The Way of The Master' and the challenges that will present.

No comments:

Post a Comment