Saturday, November 14, 2009

Giving Thanks Should Be Easy!

Right around the beginning of this week, someone in facebook challenged all of her followers to name something that they're thankful for every day until Thanksgiving Day. That would mean finding approximately 18 things to be thankful for. Now for the sad part; she said in her post; "I know this won't be easy, but let's all try and do it." My heart grieves for someone that can't think of 18 things to be thankful for.

I believe I could think of 18 things to be thankful for each day until Thanksgiving. My thoughts go immediately to being grateful for salvation and what Jesus did on the cross for me, paying the debt for all of my sins. If He never did another thing for me, that would be more than enough. But then He gave me the Holy Spirit to guide me, comfort me, teach me, and reveal God to me. If that's all He did it would have been enough. But He also went to Heaven to prepare a place and promised He would come back and take me to be there with Him. Anyone would admit that's way more than I deserve. And He constantly intercedes for me, provides for me, protects me, and loves me with unconditional love.

There are so many things to be thankful for in my life. I'm thankful for the people He's placed around me. Those that bless me and yes, even those that test me, because I know that He uses them to cause me to grow. I'm thankful for a warm, dry bed to sleep in every night, enough food to eat (more than enough, as the scale will attest to).

I'm thankful for a husband that loves me and, more importantly, loves the Lord. I'm thankful for our four kids, 12 grandkids, and 1st great grandchild.

I'm thankful for hugs, and smiles, laughter, wisdom, music, conversation, coffee in the morning, animals, the beauty of nature, water, the ocean, faithful friends and just so many things this blog can't hold them all.

I feel sad for a person that struggles to think of 18 things to be thankful for. That breath I just took, I'm thankful for that. And, oh yes, I'm thankful that wrinkles don't hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment