Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Congratulations... Ya Gotta Love That Word!

It's been an exciting week so far... and it's only Tuesday!

Yesterday I received a "Congratulations your submission has been chosen for our next publication" email. It's an online website that publishes a quarterly online magazine, so it's not like it will actually be something I can hold in my hands and give to my friends, but hey, being chosen is cool just the same. Now I can say for the first time; "I'm published."

Yesterday I also took my first horseback riding lesson. I had a great time, the horse, on the other hand is probably still shaking her head and trying to recover from it. I don't know why but I couldn't seem to get the commands straight in my head. When I wanted her to go left I told her to go right with my feet and left with the reigns. At first she gave me the benefit of the doubt and tried to work with me. But eventually she figured out she had a nincompoop on her back and started messin' with me. She decided if I didn't know which way I wanted to go, she would decide for me. A few times she just stopped dead and waited until I figured out what I wanted to do. This is a very well trained horse, I'm afraid I may have broke her (and not in the good way).

So yesterday was a very good day. I got out of the house, I became a published author and I rode my first horse.

The day before yesterday I also had a great day. Yes, two in a row, I know! I went to a baby shower for my granddaughter who is preparing to give birth to my first great grandchild. Now tell me that's not special. It was a very sweet shower and afterwards I went to coffee with my son's fiance. It's the first time that we've had a chance to sit down alone together and just gab. We had a nice time, well I had a nice time, I'm hoping she did too. I'm still invited for Thanksgiving so I guess it couldn't have been too bad.

Hey if anybody is wondering... I'm getting close to 500 Twitter followers! That's 1/4th of the way to where my future agent said I needed to be before he would read my book. I wonder if I should drop him an email and let him know that I'm now published? I need to have 1,000 facebook or blog followers too though but I haven't been working as hard at that.

Time, time, time... there's just not enough of it in a day!

No comments:

Post a Comment